Although this post was meant for January 1st, I have decided to start my new year by following through with some of my resolutions. This past weekend I found the energy and ambition to throughly clean my apartment to give me the feeling of starting the week with a fresh slate.
New Year’s has always been a favorite celebration of mine. I enjoy saying goodbye to a year while reflecting on all the good and bad memories. I reflect on them all and give myself reasons to improve to make my life happier.
This year I plan to set specific goals to motivate me to reach them. I also set quarterly goals to keep me on track.
1. Daily prayer and reflection to keep me at peace and a reminder of all that I should be thankful for each day.
2. Enhance my knowledge by studying material related to my career field.
3. Stay hydrated and eat healthy without counting calories.
4. Work out at the gym at least 3x a week.
5. Limit my spending habits and save for future events.
6. Control my impatience with deep breaths and communicate my frustration with kind words.
7. Maintain positivty by expressing daily inspiration to those around me.
8. Travel at least 2x this year within means of an organized budget.
9. Improve time management skills to balance life.
10. Continue hobbies and reach set goals
A. Complete my reader’s challenge
B. Write a short novel and submit for November
C. Write blog posts at least 4x a week and reach a followers count of 75
D. Become an oenophile (connoisseur of wines) by educating myself on wines and sharing my experiences with wines tasted through membership of Club W.
With the help of my friends, family, and readers I hope to be held accountable and attain my goals stated above.
I hope that this 2016 year will be great and full of adventures.
I’ll leave you all with lyrics that motivate me to write in my 2016 book!
Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words that you can not find.
Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions.
Live your life with arms wide open.
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten.
Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield
I hope your 366 page book is a happy, healthy, and positive one!